Read the daily quote from Pope Francis

 

About Our Parish

   
     
     

Humble Begiings   

At the turn of the century the Irish Province of the Capuchin Fathers came to the Diocese of Baker and to Hermiston. In 1910 property was acquired on Orchard and 7th Street for the first Catholic Church. A two-story building was built, serving as a rectroy and a church. Ten years later the church-rectory was moved to its current site with plow horses, logs and hard work of the parish famillies. The following year construction of the "new" church began and was completed in 1924, seating 120. Dedication took place in 1927 with Bishop Joseph McGrath presiding over the consecration, which was the first in the diocese. The last Mass in the "Little Church" was celebrated in 1956, after which the church was knowcked down into the basement and burned to honor its consecration. Its remains buried under the current church. Mass was celebrated in the Parish Hall (which was built by volunteers in 1953) while a new church was under construction.

                               

Growing Through Change

To accommodate a growing population, four new classrooms were built in 1964 for religious education classes. Thoughout the years Our Lady of Angels Church has continued to grow and change. In 1988 an addition and remodel of the 1956 church was completed. The last major change to our church began with a capital Campaign in 2002 to once again enlarge the nave of the church. That project was completed in 2007. That expansion changed the seating capacity at Our Lady of Angles from 300 to 850 people

Looking to the Future

God is good all the time. As we continue to grow in faith and in population we will look to God for our future.

 

 

 

Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!